Yeah, so basically if it has soy sauce and is fried I want to eat it. Plus meat. This is another from Practical Shoyu Cooking.
- I used chicken breast and sliced it into roughly 5cm by 1cm strips (That’s a terrible description of size. They were bitesize. Yes. Bitesize).
- I think 15 minutes should be the minimum amount of time to let this sit, give it longer by all means.
- I pan-fried these in olive oil in 2 batches, rather than individually over the frying screen (what IS that?)
- The salad aspect troubled me – firstly what does ‘mince the celery cutting across the stalk’ mean? I decided to dice it, and the cucumber.
- Adding the salt and letting it stand made no appreciable difference to anything.
Really damn tasty – tender chicken with a light sauce, the ginger quite subtle but detectable, and the salad actually rather refreshing. Would certainly make this again.
Fried by Alix